Training, Training, Training!
- Organisations to provide training for management-grade staff on what to do when sexism is reported.
- Provide mental health workplace training, not just ‘first aid’ workplace training.
- Provide disability awareness training.
- Don’t make the possession of a driving licence an essential criterion in job descriptions – lots of people for lots of reasons are unable or unwilling to drive.
- Organisations need to understand that the individual knows their disability/abilities, and that organisations need to stop making blanket assumptions about individuals.
- Bullying and harassment briefings for all workers, and ensure that they are reporting (inc whistle-blowing) lines of communication in place outside of the immediate management chain.
- Communicate clearly that structures are in place to deal with workplace discrimination.
Assess and Compare
- Organisations to assess their own equality and diversity provision and workforce diversity and see how this compare to other organisations and [inter-]national averages.
- Challenge terms/language used by colleagues towards female colleagues in positions of authority through active training by employers.